Canfor Houston Division Stakeholder Referral package
The stakeholder referral is to gather information from stakeholders on proposed developments in the Bulkley, Morice, and Prince George TSAs. These proposed developments cover various licenses including Canfor, Dungate Community Forest, Lowell Johnson Consultants, and Woodland Tenures.
The attached map(s) display the following information:
- Blocks with a purple outline are new referral blocks or blocks with a significant change since last referral package.
- Blocks with a tan colored outline have been part of a previously referral package.
- Blocks with a blue outline have been GPSed (the blocks boundary flagging is complete).
- Blue outline with purple dots are new referral blocks or blocks with a significant change since last referral package.
- Blue outline with tan dots have been part of a previously referral package.
- Existing roads show as black/gray, green/gray or brown/grey coloured lines
- Proposed roads show as red/gray coloured lines.
To maintain current information, comments and questions are welcome on all blocks (tan, purple and blue) and all proposed roads. In addition to proposed roads, all roads adjacent to proposed blocks may be used or needed to gain access. Additional roads may also been seen on the ortho images.
Canfor will continue to abide by the Higher Level Plan Resource Use Objectives that have been set out for the Bulkley, Morice, and Prince George TSAs and the approved Forest Stewardship Plans. These objectives and documents address values for biodiversity, wildlife, water, fish habitat, timber and outdoor recreation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this referral package, or would like to arrange a meeting to discuss, please contact Greg Yeomans at (250) 845‑5225 or Kevin Skarda at (250) 845‑5243.